Sea Kayak Course for beginners – 08.03. – 15.03.2019
Beach, culture and paddling in warm waters
Where & What?
Location & Program
After a first get-together of the group, we go through a theoretical introduction before starting to paddle. The beach in central Tel Aviv, right in front of the Hilton Hotel is a perfect location for beginners, as it is protected by wave-breakers. This is where we start practicing the first steps and the basics of sea-kayaking. Each morning we will do several hours of exercises with an experienced trainer. After the lunch break, you will have the option to join the afternoon guided paddle tour, during which you can use the acquired skills.
According to the weather conditions, there might be a change of schedule.
Content of the course
First we focus on efficient forward paddling, rudders, but also no the appropriate behavior in front, back and side-winds. After being able to navigate safely in the water, we shift to bracing and rescue techniques, no which the Eskimo-roll is based on. According to your individual progress, you will be able to get back up and retake control in dangerous situations or even roll completely already. Once mastered, we focus on the fun part, surfing in the waves with your sea-kayak, which we will practice extensively in the warm waves of the Mediterranean sea.
Country & Culture – Jerusalem & the Dead Sea
The fifth day is a regeneration day and all participants can relax at the beach or join an optional excursion to Jerusalem or to the Dead Sea. After the training on the other days, you will also have plenty of time to explore the lively city of Tel Aviv and its surroundings.
Overview of the included services:
– high quality sea-kayak, paddle, sprayskirt and life-vest
– daily guided morning lessons (around 3 hours each morning, apart from the excursion day)
– daily guided afternoon tour
– theoretical lessons
– optional excursion to Jerusalem or the Dead Sea (transportation might involve additional costs)
– organizational help regarding the arrival (booking recommendations, etc.) and accommodation (starting from 30 EUR/ night) as well as during your entire stay
– course language is English